Every year in June, Promised Fibers hosts the Make It Inclusive Make-Along to celebrate our birthday! For 2023, the focus will be on small businesses that are working to make the fiber arts accessible. That may be through scaled pricing, affordable fiber arts education offerings, or through their work in the community.
Anyone can participate in #MIIMAL2023. To be eligible for prizes, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use a pattern OR fiber/fabric from any small business that fits the description above.
- Share your #wip with use on Instagram by making a post and tagging it @promised.fibers and #miimal2023.
For ideas of small businesses to support:
- Check out our list of Affordable Fiber Arts Patterns & Supplies. This list includes materials for knitters, crocheters, and sewists.
- Here are some businesses to consider for this Make-Along based on their community work:
- Fibre & Seed Library (Vancouver)
- Little Free Fibre Library (Canada)
- Modus Operandi Fibers (Tennessee) – From their website: “Each quarter, all donated yarn + 5 skeins of stocked MO Fibers yarn are donated to SmART!, a local TN organization that provides thrifted craft supplies at low cost. 100% of SmART! profits benefit programs to promote the health, happiness, and safety of adults living with intellectual disabilities in the Nashville area community. To learn more, visit http://www.smartsupplies.org/”
- Needles & Bolts (Philadelphia) – The Little Free Stitchery Library
- Wild Hand (Philadelphia) – Little Free Fiber Library
We are currently looking for prize donations. If you would like to donate a prize, please reach out using the contact page of the website.